In October of 2013, the Montana Public Service Commission (PSC) adopted rules to provide reasonable and just rates for the provision of water and sewer services in small communities like Glacier Point. The “standard tariff rate” flat rate is $30 per month for sewer services and $50 for water.
Glacier Point Water & Sewer, LLC intends to adopt this approved standard rate but, to avoid rate shock for Glacier Point customers, it currently intends to propose to the PSC that this rate adjustment be adopted in stepped phases over time. Glacier Point Water & Sewer, LLC filed the following schedule to phase in charges and late fees for water and wastewater services offered at unmetered rates pursuant to Montana PSC rules for small water and wastewater systems.
Rates for water and wastewater service are as follows:
July 2014: $25.00 (water) $25 (sewer)
From August 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014: $30.00 (water) $30 (sewer)
From January 1, 2015 to June 30, 2015: $35.00 (water) $30 (sewer)
From July 1, 2015 to December 31, 2015: $40.00 (water) $30 (sewer)
From January 1, 2016 to June 30, 2016: $45.00 (water) $30 (sewer)
After July 2016: $50.00 (water) $30 (sewer)
The following are the procedures and charges for water and sewer service:
- Customers may request water and sewer connection and receive water and sewer services and be billed for such services without an application fee upon moving into an existing Glacier Point home. Customers are required to provide name, address, and a phone number. Customers are encouraged to provide e-mail addresses to facilitate paperless invoicing.
- Service charges for water and sewer are due within 30 days after billing.
- Delinquent customers will be notified via first class mail with a statement showing the past due account (more 10 days past due) and a reminder to pay in full. If no response is received within 10 days of mailing, the customer will notified via first class mail showing the past due account in a statement with a reminder to pay in full. If no response is received within 10 days of this mailing, a notice stating disconnection will occur the next business day unless all charged are paid.
- Disconnection may occur after non-payment of water or sewer service invoices. Disconnection may also occur if partial payment, and not payment in full, is made to a past-due balance.
- Disconnection may occur for unlawful activity, tampering with or otherwise manipulating a hookup, or for providing false or misleading customer, account, or hookup information.
- If service is disconnected because of illegal activity, tampering, or where the fraudulent use of water service by an unauthorized person is detected, no reconnection will occur unless any fraudulent or illegal activity ceases or tampering is discontinued.
- Prior to reconnection, customers whose service is disconnected as a result of a failure to pay past due balances must first make arrangements acceptable to Glacier Point Water & Sewer, LLC for payment of their past due bill. To reestablish service, they will be charged a reconnection fee of $50 for water and $50 for sewer which must be paid in full prior to reconnection. Customers may request reconnection by phone, in person, or in writing.
- $25 charge for any payment refused as a result of insufficient funding.
- 1% interest shall be applied to balances remaining unpaid after 60 days.
- To contact the Montana Public Service Commission, call 444-6199. To contact the Montana Consumer Counsel, call 444-2771.
Call Glacier Point Water & Sewer, LLC to make arrangements to pay any unpaid balance!
We are going paperless! If you haven’t already provided an email address, do so today and receive your bill online.
NOTE: Notice will be given, whenever possible, prior to shutting off water, but customers are warned that owing to unavoidable accidents or emergencies, water service may be shut off at any time. In the event of such accidents or emergencies, consumers are advised to take the necessary precautions to prevent damage to their fixtures and premises.